Thursday, November 7, 2013

Albertus' Open House!

Hello Readers!

It is almost the weekend! This has been another crazy week. Since I work as a work study in the Admissions office, I have been helping the counselors and staff put together the materials needed for Open House, which is taking place on Saturday November 9, 2013. Open House is for all prospective students that are considering Albertus Magnus College as a college to attend after high school. It is always great to be able to talk to all of these prospective students about what they would be interested in studying here at Albertus. Also, since I am a tour guide, I will also be extremely busy giving tours and showing people their way around our beautiful campus. The Student Alumni Association will also have an informational table discussing the various activities it takes part in. 

I am extremely close to obtaining an internship, which is very exciting! I have been working with Melissa DeLucia who is the Director of Experiential Learning and the Center of Teaching and Learning Excellence, to find me an internship somewhere in the New Haven area. This has been a great experience for me for two reasons. One way this has been a great experience for me is because I had the opportunity to create a resume. It was important for me to create a resume for other future jobs that I apply to. This was a great starting point to do one. Another reason why this is a great experience is because I am getting very excited about graduating and going to law school to become a lawyer. The internship process has made me realize that my time at Albertus is passing by quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment