Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Is it Summer Yet?

Hello Readers!


It has been another busy week here at Albertus as students prepare for finals and end of the year projects. This is definitely my favorite part of the year. The weather gets nice and school is so close to being over. I cannot wait for the fun of summer to kick in, even though I will be working full time as well as taking an LSAT prep class to help prepare for the LSAT exam in October. I am very excited but also very anxious to take this exam. This one test tells me what law school I can go to as well as how well my skills are. I am working full time at a New York based law firm, Abrams Fensterman in Lake Success, NY which is located on Long Island. I am very excited for this opportunity as it will allow me to get a "taste" of what it is like to work at one of the top law firms not only in New York but in the United States.


This week at Albertus is the "National Money Smart" week. It is a week long session that helps young consumers, such as college students, make smart choices in their personal finances. On April 9th in the Behan Community Room, David Hinchey of Wepawaug-Flagg Federal Credit Union presented on what college students should look out for financially. Mr. Hinchey discussed how to treat a credit card and how important it is to pay off the credit cards in full, if you are able to. On Friday April 11th, there will be an Albertus@Night event, Financial Football, in the Pub which starts at 9:00pm. If you have any questions about this weeks events, please contact Melissa DeLucia.  

No comments:

Post a Comment