Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Another Snow Day

Hello Everyone!


Happy snow day! Tomorrow, Thursday February 13th is another snow day here at Albertus! I am excited about this snow day because I could definitely use a day to just sleep in. Between all of my classes, being an RA, a VP of SAA, lead tour guide, and work study, I get a little burnt out and need a day to "charge my batteries" sort to speak. This has been an extremely long week so far. I have had so many assignments due and I was supposed to have a test tomorrow but because of the snow day I am thankful I have another day or two to study for it. I am happy that I live on campus when there is a snow storm because it gets me out of shoveling back home on Long Island.


Today was a saddening day because one of the best and most hard working baseball players, Derek Jeter is retiring after this season. Even though I am a devout Mets fan, I have the utmost respect and admiration for Jeter. He has been by far one of the best players to watch for the last 18 years. One of my most memorable plays that Jeter made was when he dove into the stands behind third base in order to catch a ball for an out. Jeter got banged up a bit but he proved that he was extremely tough. After this season, it will be extremely weird to not see the #2 playing Shortstop for the Bronx Bombers anymore. He will not only be missed by Yankee fans, but by all baseball fans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment